Monday, August 2, 2010

Chain Oil

In Taiwan during the summer it is usually hot and humid, punctuated by typhoons and thunderstorms. I have to admit that I am a fair weather rider. Rainy days are rest days. Since I never ride in the rain I thought it made sense to get a dry type chain oil. It means less mess. The problem is that all the dry lube I have used comes off after about 60 km. This means I ride with a dry chain. Even if the chain is drowned in lube, it still doesn't last the length of a ride. This is a problem because a dry chain is under a lot of stress and it will break, which is what ended up happening.




Tips:

Don't buy dry lube if you are going to be riding longer than 50 km, don't like applying lube every time you ride or ride in a place that has humidity.

Do get multi-condition lube.

No comments:

Post a Comment